2018 Scholarship Applications
The new 2018 scholarship applications are here. Scholarships will be awarded for both high school and college students.
The Hoosier Chapter of SWANA
The Hoosier Chapter will be awarding a $3,000 scholarship in each of two categories:
- Current high school seniors that will be pursuing post-secondary education in the fall of 2018
- Currently enrolled college, university, or vocational student pursuing an undergraduate degree or certification program related to future employment
Applicants must be a Hoosier Chapter member, or the spouse, child, grandchild, nephew or niece of a current Hoosier Chapter member. Applications for the Chapter award program must be returned to the Hoosier Chapter no later than April 27, 2018.
High School Application
National SWANA Scholarships
At the National level, SWANA has released its Grant H. Flint Scholarship Awards Program applications for 2018. The Hoosier Chapter will be reviewing applications from our members and selecting one candidate from each category for consideration by the National Scholarship committee.
SWANA will award up to $25,000 in scholarships to deserving students in calendar 2018, divided among the three categories below:
- Category I: current high school seniors
- Category II: current college/university juniors or seniors pursuing a degree in a field related to solid waste management
- Robert P. Stearns/SCS Engineers: Full-time students entering or in graduate studies in a related area
To be eligible for one of the National level awards, high school students must be the child or grandchild of a current SWANA member. College and graduate students must be either be a current SWANA member or be the child or grandchild of a current SWANA member. (College and graduate students can join SWANA for free. For more information on a SWANA student membership, go to SWANA MEMBERSHIP). Applications for the SWANA awards program must be returned to the Hoosier Chapter no later than April 27, 2018.
Category I Application
Category II Application
Robert P. Stearns/SCS Engineers Application