IDEM-Accredited Indiana Landfill Operator Training
(Category II & III) – 2019
Thursday, June 6 – Greenwood, IN
All training courses will be from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm with a break at 12:00 (lunch provided).
This course is designed for the those seeking initial landfill operator certification, an operator seeking CEUs for IDEM accreditation or the solid waste professional looking to enhance his/her knowledge. SWANA CEUs will be available for recertification.
This course is offered by fellow solid waste professionals, the course is updated annually to provide information on emerging issues affecting solid waste. Topics include:
- Basics of site selection, waste acceptance and screening, waste decomposition impacts, landfill gas and leachate control processes, landfill operational techniques, closure and long-term care issues
- Recent legislative and regulatory activities affecting the solid waste industry
- Discussion of applicable IDEM policy
- Information on new and improved technologies
- Information on changes to processes or management practices
- Information on asbestos disposal
An IDEM-accredited examination will be offered immediately following the course for individuals seeking initial landfill operator certification.
For questions call 1-833-INSWANA or email at email@example.com
PLAN AHEAD! IDEM requires that a certified operator must complete an accredited training course prior to the expiration of the operator’s valid certificate. If the date is missed by even one day, the certification becomes invalid and the initial exam must be retaken.