Fall Technical Conference – Friday, October 5
We are pleased to announce our first Fall Technical Conference. This conference will be held on Friday, October 5th at the Abe Martin Lodge in Nashville, IN. Note the details below and register soon to hold your spot!
Date: Friday, October 5th
Time: Registration and vendor tables open at 8:00 am. The annual Chapter meeting will be held during lunch with the conference ending at 3:00 pm.
Location: Abe Martin Lodge in Nashville, Indiana. The lodge is located inside Brown County State Park. There is a park entrance fee of $7.00 for in-state vehicles. This fee is waived for overnight lodge guests.
Overnight Accommodations: Abe Martin Lodge, Nashville, IN.
- IDEM rule update – Discussion on Compliance issues, recent legislative changes, new and proposed rule writing topics
- Tim Hotz, SW Compliance, Compliance Branch, Office of Land Quality
- Daniela Klesmith, Senior Engineering Technical Advisor, Permit Branch, Office of Land Quality
- IDEM Livestock Mass Casualty – review of waste management options available in response to mass animal mortality events caused by animal disease incidents and natural disasters with emphasis on preparedness efforts for Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza and African Swine Fever.
- Rebeca Eifert Joniskan, Chief, Permit Branch, Office of Land Quality
- Safety – INSafe Safety and Consultation Services – review of Indiana Department of Labor compliance and education services available to Indiana employers to assure safe and healthy working conditions.
- Ben Evans, Safety Consultant, IN Department of Labor
- Using Technology to Identify and Combat Elevated Subsurface Temperatures at a Municipal Solid Waste Landfill – a case study of identification of and response to shallow subsurface oxidation events
- Lee Daigle, PE, Senior Project Manager, Cornerstone
- Innovative Hydraulic Matrices – expanded erosion control practices using standard equipment
- Troy Duxbury, S.C. Applications Engineer, LSC Environmental Products
- The Future of Plastics Recycling – discussion on the Chinese waste import ban and how that impacts the future of plastics recycling.
- Jesse Maxwell, Advocacy & eLearning Program Manager, Solid Waste Association of North America
Registration Costs: Price includes lunch
- Member – $25.00
- Public Sector Non-Member – $100.00
- Private Sector Non-Member – $125.00
Vendor Table Space: Price includes conference registration and lunch
- Member – $150.00
- Public Sector Non-Member – $225.00
- Private Sector Non-Member – $250.00
2018 Meeting Schedule
May 31 – no meeting, Networking Event